SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant
1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant supporting a child with ASC – 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8.40 – 3.10pm) term time only.
St Michael’s CE Primary is a culturally diverse, vibrant and popular school in Bournemouth where children are happy and staff are committed to improving standards and providing exciting purposeful learning experiences for all children.
We have a strong team ethos and focus on creating a supportive nurturing environment for our children, built on positive relationships between home and school.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join us as soon as possible. The post will be a Fixed Term Contract until the end of August 2023, with the possibility of being extended into the next academic year.
What we can offer:
- A large, friendly and enthusiastic staff team where everyone works together and is genuinely proud of our achievements;
- Energetic and enthusiastic children who respond well to the creative curriculum we provide;
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work alongside our supportive and caring team of professionals.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic and open-minded about teaching and learning;
- Will be proud to be a part of our school and will uphold our ethos and values;
- Is enthusiastic about working as part of a team at all levels: year group, phase and school;
- Puts children at the centre of their work;
- Is able to draw on a range of skills to support children in a 1:1 role;
- Has good literacy and numeracy skills;
- Is passionate about supporting and enriching children’s learning;
- Is creative and flexible;
- Is committed personal professional development.
If you would enjoy being part of our successful, friendly school, we would like to hear from you.
Please download the application form below and return to:
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced with barred list check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 November 2022
Interview date: TBC
Please download and save the Application Form to your PC before completing.