Appeals Timetable & How to make an Appeal
St Michael's CE Primary School
Primary School Age places – Year R, Year 3 and Middle school – September 2023
Offer letters posted to parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority
Monday 17 April 2023
Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer
Tuesday 2 May 2023
Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal
Friday 19 May 2023
Appeal Hearing Dates
Between 20 June 2023 and 30 July 2023
Making an Appeal
If you wish to make an appeal you must complete an Appeal Form. Information about the different types of appeals and the forms to complete can be found here: BCP Lodging an Appeal
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
- You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date. School days do not include school holidays, inset days, bank holidays or weekends.
- Appeals are heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard during school holidays. Where there are multiple appeals for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be made available to parents and Panel members at least 5 school days before the start of the appeal hearing.
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to 5 working days before the hearing.
- Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing. The Appeal Panel must decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within 5 school days of the end of the hearing. During busy periods, such as main entry, full decision letters may take longer than this, so the Clerk will send a brief decision summary email in the interim.
- Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.