Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
St Michael’s CE Primary School endeavours to provide a happy, safe, caring and stimulating learning environment, based on Christian principles in which all members of the school community are valued as individuals and are encouraged to reach their full potential.
At St Michael’s we value every member of our school community and our aims are for every child, whatever their background or circumstances, to have the support they need to:
- develop their understanding of the value of leading a healthy lifestyle
- work and play in a secure and safe environment in which they are encouraged to develop moral values and mutual respect
- experience an exciting curriculum which fosters their enthusiasm, develops an enquiring mind and enables every child to achieve his/her full potential
- access an education for life where they are able to learn how to become effective and reliable members of the wider community
- foster ambition and expectation to carry through to adult life
To achieve these aims all learners, staff, parents and governors will work together to promote our core values of Peace, Courage and Respect.
St Michael’s is located in the centre of Bournemouth and provides for children from Pre-school age until Year 6. The school is a three form entry in Year R, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4. Four form entry in Year 5 and three form entry in Year 6. There are currently 660 children on roll.