Reading at Home
- Please keep your child’s reading books in their plastic wallet. This wallet should be kept in their book bag every day.
- We change books twice a week. This will normally be on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- Several books may be provided. We do not expect both books to be read in one day. One book may be read over several days to allow time to talk about the text and explore vocabulary.
- To help improve fluency, each book will be changed when it has been completely read twice at home.
- We expect children to read with their parent/carer 5 different days a week.
- Paper copies of online books will still be provided, even if read on Bug Club.
- Further support on reading can be found on the Oxford Owl website: Oxford Owl